Be Prepared to Study Online
It’s important you think carefully about the decision to take an online class. Ideally, you should be able to answer “yes” to
all the questions below.
- Do you have reliable access to a computer and the internet
- Can you use a web browser to search the internet?
- Do you have basic computer skills such as sending/receiving email or creating a document?
- Are you comfortable asking for help with technology if needed?
- Are you self-motivated and do you enjoy working independently?
- Can you manage time efficiently and complete tasks on time?
- Can you learn from reading information online and watching videos?
- Can you follow written instructions to complete a task?
- Are you able to capture your ideas in writing
If you answered “no” to a few of these questions, consider the steps you can take to making the answer “yes,” as these are important factors in helping you succeed.