To calculate your GPA at Dallas College, you will review the grade point value with the attempted hours.
Your GPA is calculated by your grade point value:
- A = 4 points per credit hour.
- B = 3 points per credit hour.
- C = 2 points per credit hour.
- D = 1 point per credit hour.
- F/WF = 0 points per credit hour.
To calculate your GPA:
- Multiply hours attempted by the grade value earned for each class.
- Total your number of grade points.
- Divide total points by total of all your attempted hours.
- That's your GPA.
For example, Olivia made one A, two B's and two C's her first semester.
|Course||Grade||Grade Value||Multiply||Attempted Credit Hours||Grade Points|
Her total attempted hours are 15.|
12+9+9+6+6=42 Grade Points.
Total grade points earned divided by|
total attempted hours: 42/15=2.8 GPA
Disclaimer: The GPA calculator is a tool to help with your grade planning only. Please consult your academic advisor for specific questions about your individual GPA and academic standing.