To keep getting financial aid every semester, you must move forward in your program of study. You must meet all three criteria:
- 2.0 cumulative (overall) GPA
- Must complete 67% of all attempted credit hours
- Credit hours that do not exceed 150% of the minimum number of hours required to complete your program of study
Read more about
Satisfactory Academic Progress or view a flowchart of the process below.
The SAP Process
This is a repeat of the content in the image above in a list format.
- Do you meet the SAP requirements?
- Yes. You are OK for Financial Aid.
- No. Move forward to Warning.
- Warning. You are still eligible for Financial Aid. If you’re put on Warning, visit with a Financial Aid advisor to see what you need to do.
- If you meet the requirements by the end of the semester: The Warning status is removed. You are OK for Financial Aid.
- If you
not meet requirements by the end of the semester: Move forward to Financial Aid Suspension.
- Financial Aid Suspension. You may submit an appeal request.
- Contact Financial Aid for SAP appeal request instructions.
- If your appeal is approved, you will be put on Warning status.
- If you appeal is denied, you will stay on Suspension until you meet SAP requirements. You must pay for tuition until you regain FA eligibility.
- SAP status is calculated at the end of each semester. When you meet the requirements, you'll be taken off Suspension and will be OK for Financial Aid.