If you believe you have come in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 or you believe you may have COVID-19, please complete our self-reporting form (login required) so that health professionals can adequately track this information and coordinate internal support. The information will be kept secure and confidential.
It is necessary to place a 14-day self-quarantine (isolation from others) restriction on students, faculty and staff due to local exposure to COVID-19 or from returning from travel, whether personal or Dallas College related, to
all countries for which CDC has issued a Level 2 or 3 Travel Warning related to COVID-19. This is consistent with CDC recommendations. During the quarantine, access to Dallas College locations or activities is prohibited.
General Self-Quarantine Guidelines
Stay at home and do not go to class or work, participate in any campus activities or come to any campus or Dallas College office location, upon entering self-quarantine.
- Stay home (or other location approved by your local health department). This means do not go to school, work, public areas, or attend large gatherings. If you need medical care, call your health care provider.
- Postpone all non-essential medical appointments until you are out of self-quarantine.
- Stay away from public areas including grocery stores, malls, theaters and large public gathering spaces.
- Separate yourself from other people in your home.
- Monitor your symptoms and if they develop or worsen then call your health care provider BEFORE seeking in-person care.
- Do not use public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis.
- Postpone any travel. If travel is absolutely necessary, you need to coordinate with your local health department. If you travel and become ill, you may not be able to return home.
- Wash your hands often and practice good hygiene.
You should follow these self-monitoring guidelines:
- Measure your temperature twice a day.
- Watch for cough or difficulty breathing.
- Call ahead before you go to your doctor’s office or to an emergency room. Tell them your symptoms and disclose any prior travel.
Dallas College Students Under Self-Quarantine
Students should ask professors for permission to perform academic work remotely.
Dallas College Employees Under Self-Quarantine
Dallas College employees may be able to work remotely, with supervisor approval. Supervisors will inform employees whether remote work is permitted and how to report their time (whether sick leave or vacation leave will be required) during the self-quarantine period.
Returning to a Dallas College location
Dallas College community members will need to notify Dallas College of your intent to return to campus by sending an email to:
Written approval is required before any Dallas College community member may return to campus after self-quarantine. Dallas College community members under self-quarantine will be provided a screening questionnaire to answer regarding health symptoms. Based on the responses to the questionnaire, the community member may be directed to a health care provider before being approved to return to campus.