Service Learning placement descriptions will spark the interest of a student to apply for your agency. The description should have the following key points to ensure the most qualified applicants for your agency.
- Describe your organization and its mission and goals. Include your website so students can do research.
- Outline tasks, responsibilities and skills needed.
- If applicable, provide details on when the student is expected to work.
- Let the student know if a background check will be needed.
- Provide contact information including a phone number and email.
- Provide any DART bus information and if student will need access to a vehicle to perform duties.
- Provide orientation details (specific times or by appointment).