Welcome to the
Service homepage! Our goal is to provide mentoring and support to male students while helping them develop personally and professionally as future college graduates.
To engage and retain male students by involving them academically, socially, culturally and professionally in their campus and the community.
The M.A.L.E.S Mentoring & Retention Program supports Dallas College's “Male Initiative" aimed at increasing the graduation rates of African-American and Latino male students.
The M.A.L.E.S program is funded and operated by the Office of Student Engagement & Retention at Eastfield.
There are two ways to become active in the M.A.L.E.S program:
- You can complete the online application form and be assigned a mentor and/or learn about exclusive events for male students on campus.
- You can join the Men’s Empowerment Coalition (MEC), a campus-recognized and student-led club created by male students, for male students.
Our Meeting Times
Tuesdays at 12:30 p.m. in Room C-104
Lunch is provided at the beginning of our general club meetings scheduled on the first and third Tuesdays of the month.
Our Leadership Team
Why Get Involved?
- Be a part of a community of males pursuing academic excellence.
- Build interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Be assigned a mentor to ensure academic success via the Journey to Success Program.
- Invitations to exclusive M.A.L.E.S./MEC events.
- Participate in community outreach and service-learning opportunities.
- Organize campus programs and events.
- The opportunity to attend out-of-town conferences and workshops.
- M.A.L.E.S/MEC students who graduate will receive a certificate of participation/completion.
- Be currently enrolled at Eastfield.
- Complete the online application — or you can complete an application in person at a scheduled MEC meeting.
- Pay your club dues of $20 per year (this fee is only for students who join the club.)
For More Information
- Director of Completion & Transfer