Requesting Military Records and Transcripts

​​​​ Military Connected Benefits and Information Requests

​GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

To request information or apply for any federal (VA, GI Bill®) or state (Texas Hazlewood Act) education benefit follow the link above.

Required Documentation

In order to process your official degree plan, you must submit all of the following documentation to the Admissions Office at your Dallas​ College campus​.

  1. Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD-214) if you are a veteran. If you are still on active duty, please contact the LeCroy​ Center​​​ for guidance.
  2. Military transcripts
  3. College and university transcripts from all post-secondary schools you have attended (even if you did not graduate).

If you graduated from a non-U.S. institution, you will need to use a foreign credential evaluator service.

Obtaining Military Transcripts

Depending on the branch in which you served, you can obtain your military transcript from one of the sources below. Your military transcript provides us with documentation of training you received in the service so we can grant you college credit hours for it.

High School Transcripts

High school transcripts are not required to apply for veterans benefits, but they may be required if you are applying for financial aid.