Students that meet the requirements for TRIO (SSS) services will receive:
- Academic advisement and registration assistance
- Access to computers and printers for completing assignments
- Scholarship opportunities
- On-campus and off-campus program related events and activities.
- Universities tours
- Financial aid application assistance
- And much more!
To qualify for the TRIO (SSS) program a student must be a citizen or a national of the U.S. or to meet the residency requirements for federal student financial assistance AND must meet at least one (or a combination) of the following:
- Low income (based on federal income standard)
- First generation (Your parent(s) living with you did not receive a bachelor's degree from a four-year college/university.)
- Student with a disability having a need for program services (as regulated by the State of Texas and confirmed by the Special Services Office at Mountain View).
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or met financial aid minimum requirements of the Ability to Benefit Test.
- Must be enrolled in 12 hours and in good standing.
- Must have less than 30 transferrable credit hours.
- Must have a NEED for TRIO services.
- These TSI scores must be met.
345-349 + Stat Diagnostic Score D4 = 8-15
349-350 + Diagnostic Scores DR = 7-15 or TSI Writing Ready
Essay of 4 + TSI Reading Ready