TRIO Student Support Services partners with the Financial Aid Office. This partnership allows a continuous flow of financial aid and scholarship data from the student support program to the student.
TRIO SSS advisors will make students aware of financial aid and scholarship options and the procedures needed to apply for such aid.
If a student is interested in applying for grants and loans, he/she should first complete the application for financial aid (FAFSA). Some scholarships require completion of the FAFSA as part of the application process. Access the FAFSA.
There are many scholarship opportunities available to Dallas College students. TRIO SSS offers a scholarship of its own. Students interested in the TRIO SSS scholarship must complete an application and meet the following requirements. Students must:
- Have been awarded a Federal Pell Grant for the
current academic semester
- Have an unmet Financial Aid need
- Be in compliance with the Dallas College Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy for the semester the application is completed
- Have a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours
- Have declared a program of study via eConnect
- Have an active email account
- Participate in at least six different TRIO SSS activities within the semester you are applying; The student must participate in each of the six categories:
Cultural Enrichment, Workshops, Transfer Trips, Tuesday with TRIO, and Community
- Tutoring and academic advising will not be considered as one of the six required activities for the scholarships
- Students are responsible for attaching activity vouchers with their application as proof of
participation, as they are given at the end of each activity.
- Submit a complete application; incomplete applications will not be processed
- Have three contacts with their assigned TRIO SSS advisor during the current semester
Although there are a number of financial resources available to the student, always be aware of scholarship scams.