GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website at
To request information or apply for any federal (VA, GI Bill®) or state (Texas Hazlewood Act) education benefit follow the link below.
Military Connected Benefits and Information Requests
Are you a veteran interested in entering or returning to college?
We can help! TRIO Veterans Upward Bound is one of eight TRIO programs funded by the U.S. Department of Education. Veterans Upward Bound reaches out to veterans interested in enrolling in college who are low-income, first-generation college students (neither parent completed a four-year college degree). The program recruits and serves veterans who do not have high school credentials or need additional assistance entering or reentering a college program. The Eastfield TRIO Veterans Upward Bound program serves veterans who reside in Dallas County and meet the U.S. Department of Education definition for a veteran participant.
What do we offer?
- Individual assessment of academic and post-secondary needs
- Career exploration
- Assistance and advisement regarding veterans benefits
- Information regarding other financial aid options
- College admissions information and assistance
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance exams
- Academic advisement
- Tutoring in challenging subject areas in preparation for college
- Boot camps and coursework to prepare veterans for the rigor of college coursework
- Participation in college tours, career enhancement trips and other educational travel
- And much more
To participate in the TRIO Veterans Upward Bound program you must be:
- A veteran
- A low-income student
- A first-generation college student
- In need of academic support
- Been out of high school or dropped out of a program of postsecondary education for five or more years.
- Scored below the level that demonstrates a likelihood of success on standardized tests in a program of postsecondary education.
- Meet the definition of an individual with a disability.
Ready to Apply?
Fill out our application for the program.
Still Have Questions?
TRIO Veterans Upward Bound
The Eastfield TRIO Veterans Upward Bound program is
100% funded by the U.S. Department of Education at $263,938 per year.