TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) provides academic services to students who are traditionally underrepresented on college campuses, such as first generation and low-income college students as well as students with disabilities.
TRIO SSS supports these students as they pursue an academic certificate or degree and transfer to a four-year college or university.
In order to qualify to receive support services from TRIO, you must be a U.S. citizen or a national of the U.S. or meet the residency requirements for federal student financial assistance.
You also must have an academic need for TRIO Student Support Services and meet at least one of the following three criteria:
First generation college student
- Neither parent (or guardian) that you reside with holds a four-year degree.
Low-income college student
- Based on federal income standard, you are at 150% below poverty level.
- Typically, students who qualify for a Pell Grant are considered low-income.
Student with a disability
- This is regulated by the State of Texas and confirmed by the Special Services Office.
Apply for TRIO Student Support Services
You can apply for the TRIO SSS program through one of the four campuses listed below.
- TRIO SSS at Dallas College Eastfield Campus
- TRIO SSS at Dallas College Mountain View Campus
- TRIO SSS at Dallas College North Lake Campus
- TRIO SSS at Dallas College Richland Campus
No matter what Dallas College campus you attend, the application to join the TRIO SSS program is the exact same. We invite all students who meet the eligibility requirements to apply for a spot in the program.
Questions? Please email the TRIO staff.
Alumni, we want to hear from you! Tell us how TRIO worked for you. Share your Alumni TRIO Success Story