Academic Testing Center
North Lake has two Testing Centers. Please make sure you visit the right one. The Academic Testing Center is for students who are currently taking a credit class and need to take an exam issued by their instructor.
Academic Testing Center Guidelines
- You may not bring personal items into the Academic Testing Center. This includes bags, cell phones and pagers. Free lockers are available for student use. Please do not share lockers.
- Please show courteous and cooperative behavior while using the services provided by the Testing Center.
- Do not bring children into the Testing Center. You must make child care arrangements before your exam date. The police department will be notified of any unattended children.
- Do not take any testing materials with you when you leave the Testing Center. This includes the test, answers, charts and scratch paper. These items will be attached to your test.
- Please realize that Testing Center staff members will be monitoring your actions on the computer. Do not attempt to access the internet or any other applications. Doing so will be documented as academic dishonesty, and your exam will be terminated.
Dallas College has established procedures and guidelines to protect the security and integrity of all exams. Violations of the Student Code of Conduct as they relate to academic dishonesty are documented and reported to the instructor. It is at the discretion of the instructor if the matter will be forwarded to the vice president of student affairs.
Classroom and Makeup Testing
If your instructor requires you to complete an exam in the Testing Center, be sure to have the following information when you request your test.
- Instructor's name
- Subject and course number (example: HIST 1301)
- Exam number (first, second, third, etc.)
- Exam deadline (Get this information from your instructor. The testing staff cannot "look up" this information on computers.)
What To Bring
Important: Government or school-issued photo identification is required and enforced.
- Scantron answer sheet (If required)
- A Test Request Form must be completed before entering the Testing Center.
- Only battery-operated, four-function, nonprogrammable scientific or TI83/TI 84 calculators are allowed (if permitted by instructor).