Dallas College Emergency Alerts is an email, text message and phone system that alerts you when icy weather or utility outages cancel classes, or in the event of other types of emergencies.
Other types of emergencies
The types of emergency alerts that will be sent out are:
- Intruder lockdown (a crime in progress on campus).
- Police activity lockdown (a crime near the campus).
- Severe weather warning (tornado, flooding, high winds).
- Emergency evacuations (fire, bomb threats).
- Shelter-in-place (gas leak, hazmat spill).
- Bomb threat (bomb threat at a specific location).
- Campus closing (power outage, water main break).
- Inclement weather (icy roads).
We send alerts by
email to the address you provided to us when you registered for classes. You don’t have to sign up for alerts; they are sent automatically to the email address we have on file. However, if your email address has changed since you registered, be sure to update your address to ensure you get the alerts.
Want Text or Voice Alerts Also? Update Your Options.
- Do you want to be alerted by text or phone call?
- Do you want to change your
emergency alerts email address?
Find out how on our
Updating Your Emergency Alerts Information page.
Receive Mobile Notifications
We also offer a specific app designed with only your security in mind from Rave Guardian available in the
Apple App store and
Google Play store.
Find out what
emergency alerts look like.
You Can Opt Out
If you don’t want to receive emergency alerts, you can opt out. When you opt out, you no longer will receive emergency alerts. To opt out, go to the same
Updating Your Emergency Alerts Information page. (You must renew the opt-out option in the fall at the start of each academic year.)
There is no charge to receive emergency alerts. However, standard text message charges from your cellphone provider will apply.
So get started. Take these easy steps to update your information or opt out.