Dallas College Health Services promote health, wellness and preventive care for students and staff. Registered nurses provide services including:
- First aid for accidents, injuries and illnesses
- Health information and brochures
- Over-the-counter (nonprescription) medicines such as Tylenol, aspirin and antacids
- Referral information for community health services
- Selected health education and screening programs
- Confidential health counseling
Students do not need to be sick to come to Health Services. Health questions and concerns are welcome.
Students with chronic health problems should visit Health Services to discuss any special concerns with the nurse before attending classes or whenever problems arise.
No information about your health will be released without your written permission unless required by law.
Health Services Nurse Line
Dallas College Health Servcies offer a Nurse Help Line accessible to all students and employees seeking health advice and information.
- Phone: 972-514-6920
- Hours: Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m to 8:30 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m 5 p.m.
We recommend that all students have adequate immunization for bacterial meningitis, diphtheria, measles (also known as rubeola), rubella, mumps, tetanus and poliomyelitis. See the Texas Department of Health's
Recommended Adult Immunization Schedule.
Note: All students under the age of 22 attending classes at Texas institutions of higher education must present proof of immunization for bacterial meningitis, or present appropriate exemption.
Health insurance, with optional coverage for spouse and children, is available through outside vendors. View information about
health insurance vendors.