Mental Health Apps and Online Resources
There are many mobile apps for Android and iPhone operating systems that can help with sleep, relaxation, meditation, mindfulness and other mental health-related subjects. We recommend taking some time to search for relaxation and meditation apps on your mobile device to find an app that works best for you.
Okay To Say: Resources and strategies for talking about mental health issues, whether they are yours or another's, including specific coping strategies for COVID-19
Half of Us: If you're feeling anxious, stressed or even just weird, find resources to help and ways to take action.
The Trevor Project: Counseling resources and aid specifically for LGBTQ youth
TAO (Therapy Assistance Online) is an online tool with more than 150 brief, interactive sessions that cover topics like mental health, wellness and substance abuse.
Instructions to sign up:
- Visit the
TAO registration page.
- Enter your first name, last name and college email address.
- Create a password (this is a unique password for TAO).
- Leave the “Enrollment Key” field blank.
- Click "Sign Me Up."
- Check your college email account. You’ll receive a “Welcome to TAO” email with a confirmation link that you must click before you can sign in.
Once you have an account, you can
visit TAO at any time for videos, a mindfulness library, exercises and practice tools aimed to help you achieve your goals.
TAO self-help groups are virtual, anonymous and available to all students by creating TAO account.
Urgent Need Resources
Dallas Area Rape Crisis Center 24/7 Crisis Hotline: 972-641-7273
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-TALK or 800-273-8255
Address: 8915 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas TX 75235
Phone: 214-351-3490 or 866-695-3794
Oak Cliff Office
The Stephen J. Mcmanus Family Mental Health Clinic
210 W. 10th St., Dallas, TX 75208
Mesquite Office (located inside the Wells Fargo building)
120 W. Main St., Suite 220, Mesquite, TX 75149
4031 W. Plano Parkway, Suite 211, Plano, TX 75093
- Clinical assessment
- Psychiatric evaluation, diagnosis and medication management
- Counseling — individual, family, group and play therapy
- Case management.
- Rehabilitative and skills training services
- Anger management
- Success in parenting
- Divorce education
- Private insurance, self-pay, CHIP, Medicaid/Medicare, NorthStar
- Payment plans and sliding scale based on comprehensive assessment of financial need
Address: 6300 Harry Hines Blvd., Seventh Floor, Dallas, TX 75235
- Psychiatric evaluations and medication management
- Group therapy, individual therapy and family therapy
- Neuropsychological and psychological testing
- Social work services
Address: 1380 River Bend Drive, Dallas, TX 75247
Phone: 214-743-1200 or 877-283-2121
Metrocare at River Bend — (Pathways) Center and Pharmacy
Child & adult outpatient mental health center
1340 River Bend Drive, Dallas TX 75247 | 214-743-6188
Metrocare at Grand Prairie — Center & Pharmacy
Behavioral Health Services for children and adults
832 S. Carrier Pkwy, Grand Prairie, TX 75051
Metrocare at Westmoreland — Center & Pharmacy
Adult outpatient clinic
1350 N. Westmoreland 75211
Metrocare at Lancaster-Kiest — Center & Pharmacy
Adult only outpatient mental health center
3330 S. Lancaster Road 75216
Metrocare at Samuell— Center & Pharmacy
- Adult mental health services
- Child, and adolescent mental health services
Metrocare at Midway — Center & Pharmacy
16160 Midway Road, Suite 200, Addison, TX 75001
- Outpatient clinics.
- Community-based support and rehabilitative programs.
- Housing and homeless services.
- 24-hour emergency services.
- Hospital liaison services.
- Intensive family services and long-term supports.
- NorthSTAR, Medicaid, Medicare, private insurance
- Sliding fee scale based on the person's ability to pay
- "The Metrocare Plan" is an abbreviated set of services offered at a discounted rate for clients who do not qualify for public assistance.