Working Wonders offers a small subsidy to qualifying students. Students receiving the child care subsidy choose for their child/children a licensed center or home care provider. Working Wonders pays a partial subsidy directly to the childcare provider. The remaining cost is the responsibility of the parent.
If you meet the following criteria, please contact us for an appointment.
- Must have completed a recent Working Wonders application/update form.
- Must be registered for the current semester (six-plus hours) and physically attend class on campus.
- Major must be in a Technical/Occupational Program /
AAS Degree. The degree plan must be on file or filed with Working Wonders advisor.
- Must be one of the following: single parent, single & pregnant, displaced homemaker, economically disadvantaged, student with a disability, receive a waiver as a former foster care youth.
- Committed to completing the semester for which the subsidy is received.
- Returning students must show satisfactory academic progress (GPA 2.0 or higher).
Priority will be given to:
Full-time Technical/Occupational parents in a tech/occ (AAS Degree or Certificate see above) program.
- Working Wonders
- Gender Equity
- Technical/Occupational student
When all else is equal, priority will be based on a first-come, first serve basis.
Subsidy will be a flat amount based on the following:
- Full-time student enrollment, (which would be at least 12 hours).
- Part-time students have a reduced amount of child care subsidy.
- Number of children needing the subsidy.
* Subsidy is available for academic-related hours only.
** Only those courses related to your degree will be counted.
*** For those students who enroll in online courses, at least six hours must be physically attended on campus.