911 on a college or college service location phone.
If a college/campus phone is not available, use any available phone, dial College Central Dispatch at
- Initiate lifesaving measures if required and you are trained to do so.
- Do not move an injured person unless there is a danger of further harm.
- Keep the injured person warm.
- Remain with the victim until medical assistance arrives.
- Have a designated person meet emergency personnel when they arrive and escort them to the location.
- Report the incident.
- The college will not assume payment for ambulance transportation.
- Individuals refusing transportation by ambulance are solely responsible for the decision. An individual cannot be forced to accept medical assistance.
An individual's refusal to accept assistance does not prevent another individual from calling 911 if they believe medical assistance is needed.
- Individuals refusing ambulance transportation to a medical facility will be responsible for their transportation to a medical facility: i.e., getting transportation from a family member or friend.
Note: The college is not liable for accidents or injuries involving transporting a person in a privately owned vehicle.