If you are a high school senior in 2020-2021 and meet the qualifications listed below, you can be a Rising Star!
- You will graduate from an eligible Dallas County public high school, Dallas Can! Academy or approved charter high school by June 30, 2021. Contact the Rising Star advisor at the campus of your choice to find out whether your high school is eligible.
- You must exhibit financial need; in other words, your family’s income must fall within a specific range (see the table below).
- You must complete a financial aid application with a campus
Financial Aid Office using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 5. Or, if you are an undocumented student and are not eligible for federal aid, pick up a Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) from the campus Financial Aid Office and submit it with your family income information to your campus Financial Aid Office by March 5. The results of the application will determine your financial eligibility for the Rising Star program.
- You must confirm your residency status is accurate with the campus Admissions/Registrar's Office. Your residency code must meet the criteria for state financial aid.
If you have any questions about your
financial aid eligibility, please
contact Financial Aid.
- You must complete a Rising Star application between Oct. 1, 2020 and Feb. 5, 2021 during your senior year of high school. (See
How To Apply.) Register for classes by July 30, 2021. If you complete a
Dallas County Promise Pledge form at a participating high school between Oct. 1, 2020 and Feb. 5, 2021, you will be automatically considered for Rising Star and notified by the campus if approved.
You also must meet the following academic requirements:
Have at least a 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 unweighted grading scale reported by the school district or high school for seventh-semester grades.
After joining Rising Star, you must register for Dallas College classes by July 30.
Family Income Eligibility Guidelines for Rising Star Financial Assistance
|People in Household||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8|
|Annual Family Income Cannot Exceed||$38,050||$43,450||$48,900||$54,300||$58,650||$63,000||$67,350||$71,700|