Employment Policies

​Please review these policies for work-study students and contact Financial Aid​ with any questions.


Timesheets will be completed online. You must fill out your timesheet completely and have your supervisor sign it before it can be processed online. Timesheets mu​st be submitted by the deadline to avoid a delay in payment. Meet with your coordinator or supervisor for assistance.

Falsification of timesheets will result in immediate student termination without grounds for appeal.

Breaks and Holidays

You may work during semester breaks with the approval of your supervisor if funding eligibility is available. You may not work on holidays that are observed by Dallas College.

Continuation of Employment

Due to the limited availability of funding and Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements, work-study employment is only approved for one semester/payment period. At the end of each semester/payment period, the college Financial Aid Office will evaluate your status to make sure funding is available. At the same time, you must also meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress standards at the end of each semester to continue in the program. If you work past your allotted budget and/or fail to meet the SAP requirements, your work-study award will automatically be canceled, and you will be terminated from the program.


If you voluntarily decide to withdraw from the program, you must complete a termination form (located in the Financial Aid Office).

If you do not perform your duties satisfactorily and are terminated, supervisors are required to notify the Financial Aid Office in writing and complete the Termination of FWS Employment form.

If you are terminated from your position, you must write an appeal letter to the Financial Aid Office before applying for any other position in the same semester. The director of financial aid will evaluate the appeal and contact you in writing regarding any additional work-study position.

Rehire Procedures

You must notify the Financial Aid Office and your supervisor if you are interested in returning to a previous position. The supervisor will need to complete a rehire form for you and return it to the Financial Aid Office for approval. You may not continue working unless you have been authorized.