Current Article

Were you notified that you are ineligible for a federal Pell grant? Here are some options you may want to consider to help you pay for your classes.

  1. Request Emergency Assistance

    If you are ineligible for financial aid, DCCCD colleges have limited funds available for short-term tuition and textbook loans. Funding available varies from college to college.

    Important note: You may not use a short-term tuition loan in conjunction with a payment plan. To be eligible for a short-term textbook loan, you must have paid tuition or have a payment plan set up, and have no other funding source (such as a scholarship) for books.

    For more information or to apply for emergency assistance, please visit your college’s Financial Aid Office in person.

  2. Apply for a Scholarship

    You may be eligible for a scholarship. Some require a high GPA or financial need, but many don’t. For more information, visit our Scholarships page.

  3. Apply for a Loan

    You can still apply for a federal Stafford loan for the 2011-2012 school year.