Tailgating (at Home) Party
Wednesday, Oct. 28 – Saturday, Oct. 31
Host your own virtual tailgating party, at home! Wear your favorite Dallas College gear or campus colors and share them with us. Tag us in your IG (Instagram) and Facebook stories or on your posts using #DallasCollegeHoCo2020. Oh, and did we mention there would be prizes, daily? So, join the fun!
Mocktail Recipes for Homecoming
Developed by Chef Brian Hay, CEC, CCE, Sommelier Dean of Culinary, Pastry and Hospitality Dallas College
Mulled Cider Recipe
Mulled Apple Cider
Ingredients (serves 4 people)
32 oz. apple cider
2 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick (1 inch in length)
4 cinnamon sticks (2 inches long) for garnish — optional
- Place all ingredients into a sauce pot.
- Heat until a gentle simmer starts (small bubbles appearing on the surface).
- Turn heat down to low and let steep over the low flame for 15 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and cloves.
- Ladle into coffee mugs and serve with the extra cinnamon sticks as garnish in the liquid.
Apple Cider Mule
4 oz. apple cider
4 oz. Fever-Tree ginger beer
1 slice of lime for garnish
- Over ice, add the cider and then the ginger beer.
- Gently stir to keep the ginger beer carbonation, and garnish with a lime wedge.