Attending a mandatory orientation is the first step toward a successful education and career journey with WorkReadyU. Here, you'll learn important information about program requirements and required testing for class placement.
Orientation consists of:
- Program overview, including available classes and locations
- Completion of program assessment
- TABE Test (Test for Adult Basic Education): This measures basic academic skill levels in math, reading and language
- BEST Plus and Literacy Test: This measures language skill levels in both written and oral formats
- CASAS Assessment: This measures basic and academic skills for adults and curriculum tools to target instruction
- Placement into appropriate class
Need to Know
- We offer virtual and face-to-face options for completing your orientation session. Face-to-face sessions are offered in English and Spanish. Virtual sessions are in English only. Orientations will resume beginning the week of Sept. 28, 2020. Additional information and sign-up are coming soon.
- Participants must show two forms of valid government-issued ID. Passports are accepted.
must attend the entire orientation session, which typically lasts from three to four hours.
Children are not permitted to attend orientation, testing or class. Child care is not provided for face-to-face sessions.
- Before attending your orientation session, students must obtain their student ID by filling out the WorkReadyU Instant Registration Form. This will generate your Dallas College student ID number, which you will use to create your eConnect account. eConnect is the platform used to register for your classes.
View a Map of the Campuses
View Orientation Information