Attending a mandatory orientation is the first step toward a successful education and career journey with WorkReadyU. Here, you'll learn important information about program requirements and required testing for class placement.
Orientation consists of:
- Program overview, including available classes and locations
- Completion of program assessment
- TABE Test (Test for Adult Basic Education): This measures basic academic skill levels in math, reading and language
- BEST Plus and Literacy Test: This measures language skill levels in both written and oral formats
- CASAS Assessment: This measures basic and academic skills for adults and curriculum tools to target instruction
- Placement into appropriate class
Need to Know
- We are offering
in-person orientation sessions only in April 2021.
must show two forms of valid government-issued ID. Passports are accepted.
must attend the entire orientation session, which typically lasts from three to four hours. Students may attend any orientation session on the schedule below; you do not need to attend more than one.
- Children are not permitted to attend orientation, testing or class. Child care is not provided for face-to-face sessions.
- To begin the process to orientation, students must fill out the
WorkReadyU Interest Form. Upon submission of the Interest form, you will receive an email that will explain your next steps in obtaining your Student ID, creating your eConnect account and signing up for orientation day and time. Your student ID will be used throughout your academic journey and the eConnect account will be used to place you in your classes. Obtaining your Student ID and creating an eConnect account is required BEFORE signing up for orientation.
Orientation Session Schedule
In-person orientations will be held at
Bill J. Priest Center,
Mountain View Campus and
- Wednesday, April 7 at 9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, April 8 at 5 p.m.