Attending a mandatory orientation is the first step toward a successful education and career journey with WorkReadyU. Here, you'll learn important information about program requirements and required testing for class placement.
Orientation consists of:
- Program overview, including available classes and locations
- Completion of program assessment
- TABE Test (Test for Adult Basic Education): This measures basic academic skill levels in math, reading and language
- BEST Plus and Literacy Test: This measures language skill levels in both written and oral formats
- CASAS Assessment: This measures basic and academic skills for adults and curriculum tools to target instruction
- Placement into appropriate class
Need to Know
- We offer virtual and face-to-face options in English and Spanish for completing your orientation session. Orientations will resume beginning the week of Sept. 28, 2020.
must show two forms of valid government-issued ID. Passports are accepted.
must attend the entire orientation session, which typically lasts from three to four hours.
Children are not permitted to attend orientation, testing or class. Child care is not provided for face-to-face sessions.
- Before attending your orientation session, students must obtain their student ID by filling out the WorkReadyU Instant Registration Form. This will generate your Dallas College student ID number, which you will use to create your eConnect account. eConnect is the platform used to register for your classes.
Orientation Session Schedule
For in-person orientations: Click the
WorkReadyU In-Person Orientation Sign-Up link to complete your registration. In-person orientations are held at the
Bill J. Priest Institute in downtown Dallas.
For virtual orientations: Click the date and time below of the session you wish to attend to complete your registration.
View a Map of the Campuses
View Orientation Information