Dallas County Promise, El Centro Campus and UNT Dallas present the Emerging Teacher Academy Pathway
Since 2018, El Centro has partnered with the University of North Texas at Dallas to create a streamlined path from the associate degree to the bachelor's degree. We call this path the Emerging Teacher Academy. Together, we recruit future teachers and prepare them through aligned associate and bachelor's degrees with teacher certification.
Future teachers begin their preparation downtown at El Centro and hop on the DART to take one class a semester on UNT Dallas' campus. By junior year, students are enrolled full-time at UNT Dallas to complete their bachelor's with initial certification.
As a future teacher in the Emerging Teacher Academy, you will …
- Be enrolled at both Dallas College and UNT Dallas
- Be eligible for merit based scholarships from both Dallas College and UNT Dallas
- Learn from both El Centro and UNT Dallas faculty during the same semester
- Be confident that your course credits will transfer to a bachelor's degree and prepare you for state teacher certification tests
- Get extra study time in when you hop on the DART Blue Line from the West End to the UNT Dallas campus
- Have a personal contact at both El Centro and UNT Dallas who will help you navigate the program and securing a teacher position at graduation
Apply and Register today!
Media and Events:
If you have questions or need more information about applying for the Emerging Teacher Academy, contact:
- Manager, High School Community Relations