What are the criteria for admission to the Honors Program?
Students who were able to complete TSI testing prior to campus closures in March 2020 must be TSI Met in Reading, Writing, and Math (or qualified to take the highest level of Developmental Math courses—DMAT 0315 or DMAT 0317). Additional criteria are found here:
First-Time College Students and students with fewer than 12 college-level credit hours
Students must meet one of the following criteria:
- High school GPA of at least a 3.3 on a 4-point scale; or
- Top 25% high school class rank; or
- SAT (starting March 2016) = at least both 560 Math and at least 560 Evidence-Based Reading and Writing; or
- SAT (prior to March 2016) = at least 1130 Combined Score for both Math and Critical Reading; or
- ACT = at least 23 Composite Score with 21 Math and 21 English Scores; or
- TSI Assessment = at least all of the following: 360 Reading and 345 Math and 6 Essay Writing or 5 Essay with 370 Sentence Structure Score.
- Also, combinations of above test scores are acceptable. (For example, 560 SAT Math and 21 ACT English.)
Current Dallas College Students
Students must have a GPA 2 (college-level GPA) of 3.3 or better with at least 9 college-level credit hours complete and be college-ready in Reading and Writing and either college-ready in Math or eligible to enroll in a DMAT 0315 or DMAT 0317 course.
Students must have a GPA 2 (college-level GPA) of 3.3 or better with at least 12 college-level credit hours complete from U.S. institutions verified by official college transcripts.
What if I am a first-time college student and my test scores aren't quite good enough?
If you are a first-time college student (fewer than 12 college-level credit hours) and your test scores are below the minimum requirements, then it is possible that you may gain admission to the Honors Program by virtue of your academic and professional accomplishments. You may request a personal interview with the Honors Program. This brief interview will determine if there are extenuating circumstances that should be taken into consideration.
To request an interview, please contact Honors@dcccd.edu