- More than 70 percent of Japan consists of mountains, including more than 200 volcanoes.
- Japan has the world’s third-largest economy by gross domestic product.
- In large Japanese cities, people are paid to cram subway passengers into crowded cars during peak travel hours.
- Japanese people slurp their noodles loudly to indicate that they are delicious.
The Core Curriculum
In order to be eligible for a bachelor's degree at a Texas public college or university, you must first complete a
Core Curriculum of courses.
When completed at Dallas College, the Core Curriculum is guaranteed to transfer as a block to any public university in the state of Texas.
You may apply two Japanese courses toward your Core Curriculum requirements:
- JAPN 1411 or 1412 can be taken to complete the "Tier 1: Speaking and Listening" requirement.
- JAPN 2311 or 2312 can be taken to complete the "Tier 2: Humanity, Creativity and the Aesthetic Experience" requirement.
Actual course offerings vary from semester to semester, so check
eConnect or the
online course schedules for current course availability.