The Radiologic Sciences program admits approximately 30 students during each application period through a competitive selection process. This selection process is outlined thoroughly in section G of the application packet. Brookhaven reserves the right to adjust the number of students selected. Please
contact us to receive an application packet.
Application Requirements and Prerequisites
- Enrollment at a Dallas College campus.
- Fully viewing the online orientation video. This video will be posted by January at the latest for each application period.
- Completion of the five program prerequisite courses (outlined in the
Radiologic Sciences AAS degree plan) with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher. You must have received a grade of "B" or higher in the BIOL 2401 course.
- Submission of a complete application packet to the Radiologic Sciences program office during a designated filing period.
- Physical requirements for a career in Radiologic Sciences include the ability to lift and move patients and equipment, to move quickly during an emergency and to stand for long periods of time. For more details on physical requirements, see page 11 of the program information packet.
*Immunizations are not required at the time of application. After acceptance into the program, specific immunizations will be required prior to the first day of clinical practicum.
Radiologic Sciences Program Information Packet (DOCX - 114KB)
Note Regarding Clinicals
Clinical opportunities are not available for any student who cannot obtain a
U.S. Social Security number. Upon acceptance to Brookhaven's health programs in Emergency Medical Services, Nursing and Radiologic Sciences, students are required to obtain a Social Security number.
International students are advised to contact the
Brookhaven Multicultural Center, Room S-136, concerning this requirement.
Students enrolling in the Radiologic Sciences program who plan to transfer to a four-year institution should consult an advisor regarding transfer requirements and the transferability of program courses to the chosen four-year institution. Brookhaven's Academic Advising office can be reached at 972-860-4830.
Life support classes offered: ACLS, PALS, BCLS, PEPP and PHTLS
Call for class times: 972-860-7879