Overall Program Objectives
Upon completion of the Mountain View Occupational Therapy Assistant program, students will meet the following objectives.
- Students will acquire sufficient knowledge and skills to become a competent Occupational Therapist Assistant and be employable in an entry-level capacity in a variety of healthcare settings.
- The curriculum presented to the student from this program will serve as a foundation and opportunity for the graduate to pursue high-level academia goals and aspirations to further study in the field of Occupational Therapy.
- Upon completion of the program, the graduate can participate as an educated and contributing member with the community and the field of occupational therapy.
- 100% of OTA faculty will be consistently rated as "Good" or above by students, as measured by the Student-Faculty Evaluation Survey.
- 80% of students will meet all course requirements in order to successfully progress from semester to semester.
- 80% of admitted students will successfully complete the program.
- 80% of students in all fieldwork experiences will pass on the first attempt.
- 80% of new graduates will rate the program satisfaction as "Satisfactory" or above, as measured by the Graduate Survey.
- 80% of new graduates will pass the National Board Certification Examination on their first attempt.
- 80% of new graduates will be employed in traditional or emerging practice areas six months post-graduation, as measured by the Graduate Survey.
- 80% of new graduates will be rated "Satisfactory" on job technical skills and workplace behaviors, as measured by the Employer Survey.