Mountain View Associate Degree Nursing Program Timeline for Fall 2021 Admission
Please note all deadlines and read all instructions carefully
Now – February 5, 2021
COURSE SUBSTITUTION COMPLETION
- Transcript pre-evaluation and course substitutions completed
- Contact the Nursing Admissions to request evaluation and process at Mountain View
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course work taken in and/or outside of the Dallas College
MUST be evaluated and course substitutions must be approved prior to admission to the nursing program
December 10, 2020-February 18, 2021
SCHEDULING HESI A2
*Due to the COVID-19 Crisis, testing will be offered online only. A webcam will be required to take the test for security purposes.
- Check the MVC Nursing website for testing referral and payment ID information and scheduling the exam
You may take the exam through any Dallas College campus where it is offered OR
Any State institution that offers the exam. The exam MUST include the same testing items that are required at Mountain View (reading, grammar, vocabulary, math, and anatomy & physiology sections)
- All students are required to
set up an EVOLVE account to register and pay for the test.
Testing Score print-out MUST be submitted with application packet
- The HESI A2 exam scores are valid for two years
February 19, 2021
- Applications accepted until 12 p.m.
- All application materials must be emailed to
Items to include:
- The application
- Texas Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Proof of medical insurance (card)
- Documentation of Immunizations
(required Positive Titers)
- CPR BLS (American Heart Association only)
- Application, Physical Examination & Health Record
- Proof of TB testing results
March 22-March 26, 2021 (Spring Break March 15-19)
INTERVIEWS FOR SELECTED NURSING APPLICANTS (subject to change)
- Chosen applicants will receive an email invitation for the interview
- Please do not contact the department requesting this information
March 29-April 2, 2021
Due to the large volume of applications, staff/dean will not provide individual explanations to those who are not accepted.
- Candidates will receive an email regarding their acceptance or non-acceptance into the program from the Executive Dean of Nursing.
- If accepted, next steps information will be emailed
April 16, 2021
DEADLINE FOR ACCEPTANCE OR DECLINATION
- Candidates must email the Executive Dean of Nursing by 5 p.m. indicating admission acceptance or regrets.
- Accepted students are registered by the nursing program admissions staff. Students will not be allowed to self-register for any RNSG courses.
August 2021 (Tentative)
- Student Success Camp: Building Better Nurses. Attendance for the two days is mandatory.
- Please watch for next step notices for updates.
- This will be presented virtually.
August 23, 2021
**Timeline is subject to change**