Take the HESI A2™ Exam
Students applying to the Nursing program are required to take the Health Education Systems, Inc., Admissions Assessment (HESI A2™). The HESI A2™ study guide is available on reserve from the Brookhaven Library, or you may purchase a copy through the bookstore. More information is available at
www.hesitest.com. Key points to remember about the HESI A2™ exam include the following:
- The HESI A2™ exam can be taken at any school that offers it, including Brookhaven.
- Required sections are: Reading, Grammar, Vocabulary, Math and Anatomy & Physiology.
- HESI A2™ scores are only valid for two years.
- The HESI A2™ exam can be taken only once per application period, in February or September. If you take the HESI A2™ exam more than once per application period, your application will be disqualified.
- The most current score will be used.
- Please pay for the exam before scheduling the exam. In order to pay for the exam, you must complete a HESI A2™ form. Please
contact us to receive the form.
- HESI A2™ testing can only be scheduled at the
Brookhaven Testing Center after the semester begins.
- Students are
strongly encouraged to sign up for HESI A2™ testing early. Testing slots fill up quickly. Once they are gone, no special accommodation will be made.
HESI A2™ Prep Course
Brookhaven is now offering a three-day "HESI A2™ Prep" Continuing Education course. The class costs $240, plus the cost of the textbook. Please contact the Brookhaven Workforce and Continuing Education Division at 972-860-4600 for information, or call 972-860-4715 to register.