Be part of a global community! The International Business and Trade program strives to help students develop the skills required to define business problems and research solutions; to think critically and make decisions; to communicate effectively in business environments and society at large; to work effectively within a team; and to analyze ethical situations with an appreciation for the meaning of social responsibility.
Program Benefits and Opportunities
The International Business and Trade program offers student many benefits and opportunities:
- Interaction with citizens of other countries and peers across the U.S.
- Knowledge of how to conduct business in another country.
- Knowledge of how to import and/or export products.
- Understanding of the most effective approaches to sourcing and materials management on a global scale.
- Participation in local events and conferences where students can interact with local business professionals.
- Internships with companies that conduct business internationally.
- Participation in exchange programs with universities around the globe (subject to availability).
- Opportunity to earn credit while working in an occupation that has some international exposure through our Practicum Program.
Employers are quickly realizing that in order to survive and thrive in the 21st century, they must have an understanding of and presence in global markets. Regardless of company size, business is quickly moved from the domestic market to the world market. Employers will benefit from employees who understand how to execute these transitions effectively. Some benefits for employers who hire workers with this knowledge include:
- Increased awareness of the need to adapt to multicultural interactions.
- Greater knowledge of what is required to import/export a product.
- Recognition of the need to changes business processes to deal with international interactions.
- Improved ability to develop processes to procure materials for production.
- An appreciation of currency exchange issues and their effect on pricing and product sourcing.
- Improved communication with international partners, resellers, and marketing and sales personnel.
Build your global business professional credentials. Get resources to prepare for the CGBP exam.
Dallas Regional Chamber |
DFW International Community Alliance |
European-American Chamber of Commerce Texas |
World Affairs Council