The HEEM program provides students with extracurricular opportunities that enhance the program experience through leadership, hands-on activities and networking.
Now that you have entered the Hospitality, Exhibition and Event Management program, your options are open for you to explore. As you have probably already noticed, there are many choices in this industry. You can work for a hotel, become a meeting/event planner or trade show manager or start a career in the tourism/travel sector of the industry. What you absolutely need, though, is the determination and drive. Your classes and the
HEEM Club Experience will give you the skills you need to succeed. You will learn how to do what we all want to do ...
HAVE FUN AT WORK!
Purpose of the HEEM Experience
- To bring Richland Hospitality, Exhibitions and Event Management program students together to establish ties of friendship and long-term professional relationships.
- To foster and encourage a sense of pride and professionalism in future travel industry professionals.
- To broaden the learning experience of HEEM program students by providing a variety of activities that will give them the opportunity to learn about the many facets of the hospitality, event and tourism industry.
- To engage in activities that are supportive of the Hospitality Exhibition and Event Management program at Richland.
- To keep members informed of scholarship opportunities.
There is a $20 per year membership fee.
Trips: Short, activity-packed destination excursions.
The HEEM Scholarship Luncheon and Silent Auction Spring Raffle: The HEEM Experience signature fundraiser.
Social events: Banquets, parties, dinners, etc.
Volunteer activities: Serve as staff at meetings, conventions and special events.
- Access to fun, club-funded activities
- Student membership to the International Association of Exhibitions and Events
- Networking with peers on the same career path
- Support from peers with similar interests
- Meeting industry professionals
- Lasting friendships
- Development of social and professional skills used in the workplace
Annual Scholarship Luncheon and Silent Auction
Students get hands-on experience by planning the annual HEEM Scholarship Luncheon and Silent Auction. The event also provides opportunities for HEEM students to network with industry professionals. The silent auction raises money for HEEM student scholarships.