Taking ESOL classes at North Lake is an affordable way to get started with a college education in English.
- Small class sizes.
- Affordable tuition.
- Full- and part-time faculty, all with master's degrees and graduate coursework in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) or linguistics.
- International Center staffed by multilingual advisors and employees.
- Access to the Academic
Success Center, which includes writing, reading and ESOL tutoring, in
addition to a designated ESOL computer lab.
of technology skills in Blackboard, Microsoft Office and
publisher-supported software necessary to succeed in college level
- Several schedule options:
- Semester-length format (16 weeks), following the traditional credit schedule.
- Fast-track format (eight weeks).
- Hybrid format, meeting half in the classroom and half online.