Taking communications classes at Mountain View is an affordable way to get started on a path to a brighter future. Whether you’re taking classes to transfer to a four-year college or university, or for personal enrichment, our curriculum will give you the foundational skills you need.
A Dallas College student enrolled in a Communication Studies course at Mountain View will:
- Examine, apply and critique a variety of communication theories.
- Learn to utilize communication to improve personal and professional relationships, advance careers and enrich society.
- Learn to organize thoughts in a manner allowing for maximum comprehension from an audience.
- Gain a better understanding of how individuals express themselves both verbally and nonverbally.
This program focuses upon intrapersonal, interpersonal, public, intercultural and group communication. In addition to course work, we offer opportunities through
Service Learning that allow students to develop and demonstrate their communication competencies in a professional setting.
The Mountain View Communication Studies program is committed to developing the full potential of students through study, practice and criticism of human communication. It is our purpose to create an educational environment that will allow students to explore the impact of communication upon individuals, organizations and societies.
Students that major in Speech Communication can become:
- Community relations directors
- Intercultural liaisons
- Training specialists