Student Selection Process for the Dealership Sponsored Technician Program
Admission into Brookhaven’s dealership-sponsored automotive technician training program requires that students meet basic eligibility guidelines and have a job with either a Ford or GM dealership to align with their program of study. To be eligible for selection the applicant must:
- Have a valid U.S. driver's license.
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of the first dealership work assignment.
- Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Meet Brookhaven’s general admission requirements.
- Meet the requirements for beginning technical math.
- Meet the requirements for beginning English composition.
We suggest students consider the following items when they are discussing employment with the dealership:
- Arrangements for uniforms.
- Hourly wage while working in the dealership.
- Dealership support that might be available to help with the cost of tools or tuition assistance.
- Employment in some capacity prior to the start of classes.