Spring 2020 classes have resumed online.
Please visit dcccd.edu/coronavirus for additional information and to learn how to prepare for online classes.

Dropping or Withdrawing From Classes

Want to add or drop a continuing education class? See Adding or Dropping Continuing Education Classes.

Are you taking classes for college credit? If you cannot complete a credit class or classes, you are responsible for withdrawing formally from the class or classes.

You can drop or withdraw from credit classes in three ways:

1. In person

Visit the and complete a drop/withdrawal form.

2. Online

Drop classes online through eConnect. You must be eligible for online registration to drop or withdraw online (login required).

3. By mail or fax

Print this drop form (PDF - 28KB), fill it out and mail or fax it to the . You must give at least one reason why you are dropping for each class. Forms that are mailed or faxed must be postmarked or date-stamped on a date prior to or on the last day to drop the class. Be sure to include a legible copy of a photo ID with your form.

Please note:

  • Stop Before You Drop: Under a Texas law (TEC Section 51.907), if you drop too many classes without having an acceptable reason, your GPA could be affected. Be sure you understand how this law may affect you before you drop a class.

    The law applies to students who enroll in a Texas public institution of higher education (including the colleges of DCCCD) for the first time in fall 2007 or later. Under this law, you may not drop more than six classes without an acceptable reason during your entire undergraduate career without penalty. For more information, please see our catalog or read Facts About Dropping Classes.
  • If you drop or withdraw before the official drop/withdrawal deadline, you will receive a grade of W (Withdraw) in each class dropped until the seventh unacceptable drop. You will earn a grade of WF for the seventh unacceptable drop, and each unacceptable drop after that. A grade of WF will be calculated in your GPA as an F.

    The deadline for receiving a W is indicated on the academic calendar and the current class schedule.
  • Receiving financial aid? If you completely withdraw from school during the semester, or quit attending, but fail to officially withdraw, you may be required to return a portion of the financial aid money that you received. Review the Return of Federal Title IV Funds Policy in our catalog for more details.
  • See our refund policy in the catalog for possible refund eligibility. If you are enrolled in a Fast Track or Flex class, you are responsible for knowing the refund dates that apply to your particular class.

Questions? Contact the .