All new students are required to attend an information session and New Student Orientation.
At your information session, your advisor will help you in several ways:
New Student Orientation is free of charge.
- Give you instructions on a career path and selecting a
program of study.
- Discuss a
class schedule that best fits your academic needs.
- Give you information on how to register for courses. An academic advisor will help make sure you meet the requirements for the courses that interest you.
- Refer you to other services at your campus or in the community, such as
career services and DART GoPass.
- Discuss the next advising session. All students entering college for the first time are required to meet with an advisor. Academic advisors will help you develop a plan to meet your academic goals and guide you through the transfer process.
- Sign up for New Student Orientation. Each campus of Dallas College has a specialized student engagement experience tailored to their unique campus culture and initiatives. This experience provides opportunities for students to connect with other students, faculty and staff, as well as information about campus resources and services that foster personal and professional growth.