Dallas College election contact information, including mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address:
Legal Department (c/o Torsha McCarty)
1601 South Lamar Street
Dallas, Texas 75215-1816
Diana Flores, Chair District 6 2020
Wesley Jameson, Vice Chair District 5 2020
JL Sonny Williams District 1 2024
Philip J. Ritter District 2 2022
Dorothy Zimmerman District 3 2022
Monica Lira Bravo District 4 2022
Charletta M. Compton District 7 2024
Date and Location of Next Election:
- May 2, 2020
- George L. Allen Sr., Courts Building, 600 Commerce Street, Dallas, Texas 75202
First Day to File for Candidacy:
Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2020
Deadline to File for Candidacy:
Friday, Feb. 14, 2020 at 5 p.m.
Requirements for Candidacy (Texas Election Code 141.001(a); Texas Education Code 130.082(d), (g); Texas Gov't Code 601.009):
To be eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to the Dallas College Board of Trustees, a person must:
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable.
- Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be: a. Totally mentally incapacitated; or b. Partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
- Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date: a. For an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate's application for a place on the ballot. b. For a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate's name is written in. c. For an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made.
- On the date described by number 5, be registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected.
The following documents are required for filing:
Application for Place on the Ballot, Form AW2-21
Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate, Form CTA
Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report, Form C/OH
Dallas College Board of Trustees Meetings:
The Dallas College Board of Trustees meets the first Tuesday of each month and any other such times as may be announced. Please see the
Board of Trustees Calendar for notice of upcoming meetings and the
Board of Trustees Meeting Agenda for a copy of the notice and record of a meeting of the Board of Trustees.