The Dallas College Election Packet includes election-related materials for the May 2, 2020, Board of Trustees Election (Documents marked with an asterisks are required for filing). Please note that the Packet includes forms and instructions published by the Texas Ethics Commission and the Texas Secretary of State websites, that may or may not be accessible.
Please note the following:
The following documents are required for filing:
- Application for Place on the Ballot, Form 2-21;
- Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate, Form CTA
- Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report, Form C/OH
Please note the following:
- The period for filing a candidate's application begins at Wednesday, January 15, 2020 and ends Friday, February 14, 2020.
Applications will only be accepted during this period. No exceptions will be made.
- Please carefully read the instruction guides for all forms required by the Texas Ethics Commission and/or the Texas Secretary of State included in this packet. Completing and filing all election forms is the sole responsibility of the candidate.
- As a candidate for the Dallas College Board of Trustees, you do not need to file any of your election forms with the Secretary of State.
Please file all election forms with the local filing authority:
1601 South Lamar Street
Legal Department, Suite 208
Dallas, Texas 75215
If filing in person, applications will be received during regular business hours, Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. If filing by mail, applications will be considered timely filed if post-marked by Friday, February 14, 2020.
- Once you file your Application for Place on the Ballot (Form 2-21), you are a candidate for election and are required to file the Appointment of Campaign Treasurer form (Form CTA). Remember, you must file Form CTA before you accept a campaign contribution or make or authorize campaign expenditures, including expenditures from your personal funds.
- Information filed with Dallas College is subject to disclosure under the Texas Public Information Act.
- Please file all of your election documents with either:
Torsha McCarty, Dallas College District Elections Administrator, 214-378-1703,
Tricia A. Horatio, Dallas College Associate General Counsel, 214) 378-1707,
Remember, a document is considered filed only when it is received by the local filing authority.
Thank you for your interest in the Dallas College Board of Trustees' election.
Table of Contents
As a courtesy, we have created
a PDF Packet (PDF - 50MB) of all the required materials for downloading. To request a copy of the Election Packet in an alternative accessible format, please contact Torsha McCarty at 214-378-1703.
Accessibility: Dallas College is committed to ensuring accessibility of its digital technology and is actively working to increase the accessibility of this webpage and electronic documents. Should you experience any difficulty in accessing information on this webpage, please contact Torsha McCarty at 214-378-1703 or