Organizations that choose to take the pledge must agree to the following:
To use electricity that is generated from 100% renewable resources in all their operations. This can be done by:
- Generating electricity on-site using renewable resources (solar, wind, hydropower, geothermal);
- Participating in a renewable energy aggregation with other organizations;
- Purchasing renewable electricity from a retail electric provider;
- Purchasing renewable energy credits (RECS); alternatively, using verifiable carbon sequestration, capture and/or offsets to achieve zero net greenhouse gas emissions from electricity consumption;
- Some combination of the options above.
Promote the benefits of the use of 100% renewable energy to their students and employees through awareness campaigns during Earth month (April).
How to Participate
Print out the pledge form.
- Have your president/CEO/chancellor sign the form. We recommend conducting a brief signing ceremony and photo shoot with students and college/university personnel, so that you can later:
- Distribute the information to students/employees/donors via your portal or newsletters. (Send us the link so we can include the story on this website also.)
- Share the information with your local chambers of commerce.
- Mail a copy of the signed pledge to: