Bypass navigation bar Search Home

For First-Time Claimants

If you have never used your VA education benefits before, here are the forms you will need to establish a record in your college’s VA Office:

  1. DCCCD VA Data Sheet (PDF - 32KB)

  2. DCCCD Certificate of Understanding (PDF - 36KB)

  3. VA Application — signed confirmation page from the Veterans Online Application website (VONAPP)

    • Use VA Application 22-1990 if you were on active duty or a reservist, or VA 22-5490 if you are a dependent.
    • For new 1606s (Selected Reserve) we also need a Notice of Basic Eligibility, NOBE, from the Reserves.
  4. Tuition Account Summary (eConnect - login required) — This is submitted every semester in which you want to claim your education benefits.

  5. Official degree plan — We will process your certification once your transcripts have been evaluated and we have received your official degree plan from the Admissions/Registrar’s Office or a parent letter from your DCCCD “home” college. You may pick up a degree plan request form at the Admissions/Registrar’s Office or the Veterans Affairs Office. Transcripts must be turned in to the Admissions Office.