Bypass navigation bar Search Home

Disbursements and Refunds for Credit Students

photo of a DCCCD Money Card

The colleges of DCCCD have partnered with financial services vendor Higher One since April 2009 to process and distribute refunds and disbursements to all credit students.

You will choose one of three options to receive any payment you may be owed.

How It Works

1. Verify your address in eConnect (login required) and set up an activation word.

  • Is your address incorrect? Visit the Registrar’s Office at your primary college. They will require a photo ID and address verification documents. Ask the Registrar’s Office exactly what they need.

2. You will receive a MasterCard-branded card — the DCCCD Money Card — in the mail.

3. Use your card to log in to and choose the method you prefer for receiving your money.

  • Even if you don’t think you’ll need it, you must identify your refund/disbursement preference as soon as you receive the card in the mail. The reason: Any money the colleges owe you will be paid through your selected refund/disbursement preference. This includes financial aid disbursements, refunds, grants and any other payments you may be owed.
  • If you don't verify your address in eConnect, you will not be able to choose your refund/disbursement preference. Your refund/disbursement will be sent by check.

Reimbursement Options — It’s Your Choice!

  • Direct deposit to any checking account of your choice (With this option, you’ll get your money within two to three business days.)
  • Paper check mailed to your home (With this option, you’ll get your money in five to seven business days.)
  • Deposit to a free Higher One checking account — The DCCCD Money Card then becomes a debit card for your account. Before choosing this option, visit so you can learn how the card works, understand its benefits and find out how to avoid paying any fees. (With this option, you’ll get your money within one business day.) 


  • Keep your DCCCD Money Card and password safe, private and secure.
  • Important: If you move, update your address with the registrar.
  • You can change your refund method at any time — just go to

Need a Replacement Card?

You may order a replacement card on eConnect using the Order My DCCCD Money Card Replacement screen (login required) if:

  • You verified your contact information but never received or activated your card.
  • You received your card but lost it before you could activate it.

Please allow six to eight business days for your replacement card to arrive in the mail.

If you received and activated a DCCCD Money Card, please contact Higher One Customer Support at 877-211-2694 to order a replacement.  

Have questions? Check out these FAQs.

Have more questions? Contact the Admissions/Registrar’s OfficeBusiness Office or Financial Aid Office.

Continuing education students: Please see the Continuing Education section of our website for information on refunds for continuing education (CE) classes.