Bypass navigation bar Search Home

Applying for Financial Aid


Taking continuing education classes? Please see Financial Aid for Continuing Education.

If you will be taking classes for college credit:

Step 1: Complete the admissions application.

Step 2: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen to apply for federal aid. Read our FAFSA overview for some common questions and answers, plus helpful tips.

If you are not a citizen and therefore are not eligible for federal aid, you may still be eligible for Texas state aid if you are certified as HB1403 eligible. To apply for state aid because you do not qualify for federal aid, please complete a paper FAFSA (PDF - 1.09MB) and submit it to the Financial Aid Office with supporting income verification documents.

It is best to have the documents required to complete the application and the Title IV school code for each college that you may attend before you start the FAFSA process.

The FAFSA is required for almost all financial aid programs offered by the colleges of DCCCD, and most of the college Financial Aid Offices provide computers and help with completing the FAFSA.