Bypass navigation bar Search Home

How to Apply

To apply for a Federal Work-Study position:

  1. Complete the 2015-2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online and make sure you meet all the requirements.

  2. Log in to eConnect and under the Financial Aid section:
    • Check FA Missing Information Letter to make sure there is no missing information/documentation you need to submit to the Financial Aid Office.
    • Check My Financial Aid Status to see if you meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress standards.
    • Check My Program of Study to make sure you have selected a primary program of study.
    •  If you do not have a DCCCD Money Card, then go to DCCCD Money Card Address Verification under the Payments & Disbursements section to verify your address, and a DCCCD Money Card will be sent to you. You will need to use this card to choose one of three refund options for any money you may be owed.
  3. Register for at least six hours (Fall/Spring) or one hour (Summer) and pay the tuition if you don’t have any other financial aid. You can set up a payment plan online through eConnect or in person at the Business/Cashier Office.

  4. Review the job postings. You may apply at the college where you will be taking most of your classes.
  5. Complete and submit the Work-Study Information Processing Form (PDF - 169KB) in person, by mail or by fax.