Bypass navigation bar Search Home

Sign In

Why You Need to Get Your 1098-T

icon of clock and word 'tax'

Many of you may have already received your 1098-T income tax form by mail. If you haven’t received it, read further to learn how to request one.

The colleges of DCCCD annually provide you with a 1098-T form. The 1098-T shows the amount of tuition paid for credit classes by you or by financial aid during the tax year. It also lists the amount of financial aid you received during the tax year.

If you are taking classes for college credit, you may be able to reduce your federal income tax. To do so, you (or your parents) will need the information on that 1098-T form.

There’s Been a Change for the 2013 Form

If the total amount of the financial aid, grants, sponsorships, waivers and/or exemptions you received during the year for credit enrollment exceeded your credit tuition cost, you will not be issued a 2013 Form 1098-T. Visit the IRS website for more information about when a Form 1098-T is not required to be issued.

Three Ways to Get Your 1098-T

By mail

For the 2013 tax year, eligible students who do not print out their form from the website of our service provider, ECSI, will get a copy of their 1098-T form in the mail.


All eligible students can access their 1098-T online through the ECSI website.

To view your 1098-T form online, you must have a personal identification number (PIN). There are three ways to get your PIN:

  • If you get a 1098-T form in the mail, the PIN and website information is included there. -or-

  • Log on to the ECSI website. Click on “Need help logging in?” in the “Log In to Access Your Account” box, then fill in and submit the form. -or-

  • Contact ECSI customer service, toll free, at 866-428-1098.

    When you contact ECSI, you will be asked for your Social Security number and DCCCD’s school code. Our school code is “UG.”

By request

If you can’t get your 1098-T form online through ECSI, contact us to ask for one. (In your request, provide your name as it appears in our records, your student ID number and a phone number where you can be reached.)

  • Send the information by email to -or-
  • Call our 1098-T number: 972-860-7482. This is a voicemail-only line that will be checked daily.

Don’t delay: The deadline to request a 1098-T or to request changes is March 12, 2014.

For more information:

See 1098-T Forms: Frequently Asked Questions for answers to some of the common questions students have.