Bypass navigation bar
To apply for a Direct Loan for the 2014-2015 academic year:
1. Apply to DCCCD.
2. Complete the 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Make sure you meet all the requirements.
3. Set up your DCCCD eConnect account.
4. Log in to eConnect and under the Financial Aid section:
5. Sign in to Manage My Direct Loan using your FAFSA PIN and do the following:
6. Register for at least six hours (half time) and pay the tuition. (At least three hours of your current enrollment must be at the college to which you are applying for a student loan). You may set up a payment plan in person at the Business/Cashier Office or online through eConnect.
7. Log in to eConnect to accept your FA Award Letter after you are notified that your loan has been awarded.
Note: It may take six to eight weeks to process your loan request. See Receiving Your Loan Money for more information.