Bypass navigation bar
AgreementThis agreement is made and entered into as of the 2nd day of October in the year 2006 by and between Excelsior College and Dallas County Community College District. Excelsior College is an education corporation formed under the laws of the State of New York and having its principal place of business at 7 Columbia Circle, Albany, New York 12203 (hereafter Excelsior). Dallas County Community College District, is a community college district chartered as a political subdivision of the State of Texas and governed by the laws and policy of Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and having its principal place of business at 701 Elm Street, Dallas, TX 75202 (hereafter DCCCD).
(a) Excelsior is authorized by the New York State Board of Regents to offer programs leading to, among others, various baccalaureate degrees, and to confer such degrees; and all such programs are registered by the New York State Education Department.
(b) DCCCD, which includes Brookhaven, Cedar Valley, Eastfield, El Centro, Mountain View, North Lake, and Richland Colleges, is authorized to offer programs leading to the associate degree, and to confer the appropriate associate degree on students successfully completing such programs. All such programs are registered by Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
(c) DCCCD wishes to facilitate recognition by Excelsior of academic credit awarded to its students for work completed toward DCCCD associate degrees, or credit recognized by DCCCD for work completed by its students at other institutions and accepted by it toward a DCCCD degree; and Excelsior is willing to recognize such credits toward an appropriate Excelsior baccalaureate degree in programs where the conditions set forth below are met.
(1) Excelsior will recognize toward an appropriate Excelsior baccalaureate degree, as determined by Excelsior, up to 90 applicable academic credits awarded to DCCCD students for work completed in a DCCCD program toward a DCCCD associate degree or recognized by DCCCD for work completed by its students at other institutions and accepted by it toward a DCCCD degree, provided that:
(a) Each student seeking recognition by Excelsior of DCCCD credits shall have enrolled in Excelsior before such credits are placed on an Excelsior transcript, and shall have paid all required Excelsior fees
(b) Such DCCCD credits are reflected on an official DCCCD transcript, or appropriate college of the system, and submitted in a sealed DCCCD, or appropriate college of the system, envelope
(c) Each student will meet the academic requirements of their specific degree by:
i. completing a minimum of 30 applicable upper level credits beyond the community college coursework
ii. the acceptance of up to 90 applicable lower level credits in transfer from DCCCD with the exclusion of all physical education activity, remedial/developmental or orientation courses, which are not applicable towards an Excelsior degree
(2) The standards of admission to Excelsior and policies governing the recognition of transfer credits most recently published at the time a given student seeks enrollment will apply.
(3) Excelsior will provide to DCCCD a depiction of the Excelsior logo, and DCCCD may use the Excelsior logo for promotional purposes, provided that the material associated with each such use has been approved by Excelsior in writing. Neither party shall use or display any trademark or service mark of the other party except with the prior written approval of the other party. The text of all references by either party to the other party in any medium, whether print, electronic or otherwise will require the prior written approval of the other party.
(4) The term of this agreement is three years, and shall continue from year to year thereafter unless either party shall have given the other party not less than ninety (90) days notice in writing that the agreement will terminate on the 30th day of June thereafter.. The agreement may be terminated at any time by either party upon not less than ninety (90) days written notice to the other party.
(5) The academic affairs staff of both institutions will review this agreement on an annual basis to ensure that it is up-to-date.
(6) Changes to the course classification and course sequence templates developed under this agreement, including additions, deletions and corrections, can be made at any time, and will become effective when signed by the appropriate academic deans (or designees) of both institutions.
Note: Remedial/developmental or technical/vocational courses will not be included for transfer in this General Articulation Agreement from DCCCD colleges unless specified by individual colleges in a Program-to-Program Articulation Agreement.
The parties have executed this agreement in duplicate originals. An original, signed copy of this agreement will be maintained by each of the signatories.
Dallas County Community College District
_________________________________Dr. Wright L. Lassiter, Jr. DateChancellor
______________________________________ Dr. Dana Offerman Date Provost and Chief Academic Officer