Bypass navigation bar
A. DEFINITION OF COVERAGE
Covers liability of police officers while in the scope of their duties as Texas peace officers.
B. LIMITS AND DEDUCTIBLES
Liability Limits: $1,000,000Self Insurance Retention Limit: $ 100,000
C. SECONDARY EMPLOYMENTLiability Limits: $1,000,000Self Insurance Retention Limit: $ 100,000Deductible: $ 25,000
1. If a person desires to make a claim against the District, (s)he should do so in writing to the college Vice President, or designee, responsible for safety and security. All pertinent medical bills and receipts should accompany the claim.
2. The College Vice President, or designee, who is responsible for safety and security will submit a copy of the claim, the incident report and supporting documentation to the District Risk Manager within 48 hours of receiving notice of the claim.
3. District Risk Management will file the claim (usually in the format of a written letter) with the appropriate insurance carriers.
4. Risk Management and/or the District's insurance carrier (s) will investigate the claim and determine the District's liability. Risk Management and/or the District's insurance carrier will respond in writing to the claimant.
1. The initial charge is made to the Prepaid Insurance Account 11-11-000000-74200. At fiscal year end, the insurance premium is distributed to account 11-XX-107080-23721 based upon the square footage of the location.
2. The deductible per claim is charged to the DCCCD location(s) named in the claim.