Bypass navigation bar
July 26, 2013May 23, 2014
Adjunct Faculty must meet the following eligibility requirements to participate in the Group Benefits Program:
If the adjunct faculty member elects benefits, coverage begins September 1, except for medical insurance which has a 60-day waiting period for initial eligibility. If coverage is initially declined the adjunct faculty member may enroll during the next open enrollment period (July-August). However, ERS eligibility guidelines in effect at the time of enrollment must be met including, but not limited to, Evidence of Insurability (EOI) for certain benefits and acceptance is not guaranteed.
Eligible Coverage (paid for by the employee, no state funding):
· Health Select medical insurance with $5,000 basic term life and the opportunity to add dependents (evidence of insurability may be required).
· Dental insurance and the opportunity to add dependents.
· Optional Term Life insurance, Election I, II, III or IV (evidence of insurability may be required)
· Dependent Term Life insurance for $5,000.00 of life insurance coverage (evidence of insurability may be required)
· TEXFLEX Reimbursement Accounts
· Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance
· Short-term Disability (evidence of insurability may be required)
· Long-term Disability (evidence of insurability may be required)
· Eligible to participate in the Texa$aver 457 Plan
EnrollmentAdjunct Faculty who enroll in the GBP, must remain in the program for the entire of the academic year, unless there is a major life event.
Adjunct faculty who decline coverage are not eligible to enroll prior to the next open enrollment period (July/August of each year), unless there is a major life event.
Major life events as defined by the Federal Government include birth of child, marriage, divorce, etc. and evidence of insurability may be required.
Premiums The adjunct faculty member is responsible for all premiums for self and/or dependent coverage. Premiums are collected through payroll deduction and monthly statements are not issued. Coverage amounts and premiums for Optional Term Life, Short-term Disability and Long-term Disability will be based on teaching 12-credit hours per academic year. Premiums and coverage options are subject to change at ERS discretion. If a monthly payroll check amount is less than the monthly premium payment required, the employee is responsible for paying the difference from other funds. Personal payments must be received by the College Human Resources Office no later than the 15th day of the calendar month. Failure to remit payment for benefit coverage will result in immediate cancellation of coverage. Once canceled, coverage cannot be reinstated until the next open enrollment period. Additional considerations of ERS rules and evidence of insurability requirements may apply.Loss of CoverageAdjunct faculty GBP coverage will terminate under the following circumstances:
If coverage terminates the adjunct faculty member will receive notification from ERS of their rights for continuing coverage, under federal COBRA law. Disclaimer: ERS rules and regulations governing the group benefit plan are subject to change. In the event of discrepancies between the Dallas County Community Colleges guidelines and ERS rules, ERS rules prevail.