Bypass navigation bar
Top 10 most-frequently asked questions about Health Information Technology:
1. How much are the classes and how are they delivered?The grant funds the majority of the tuition, so each class will be $25 through the grant period. All of the classes are delivered through our online learning system.
2. Can I do more than one role?At this time, students may select only one role and submit the appropriate application information. However, students may enroll and complete the other courses to gain information for the second role.
3. Is there a certification test?The American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) is currently developing a competency exam based on course material that should be ready by March of 2012. It is not a certification exam. The first 22,000 completers across the nation may take the exam free of charge. 4. How much are textbooks?All of the classes are delivered online. There are not any textbook expenses.
5. Can I receive Financial Aid?Please complete the financial aid process at the campus for which you are applying. Students must meet the financial needs criteria in order to be eligible for Texas Public Education Grants.
6. Will I receive a certificate of completion?Each student will receive a certification of completion for each class, and a program or “block” certificate upon completing the entire training role.
7. Are there any stipends?Through the grant period and if funds are available completing students will be eligible for a $200 Internet stipend.
8. How do you define a program completer?Students completing all of the core and advanced classes are considered a program completer. The Office of National Coordination is still in the process of defining what a program completer will be for grant purposes.
9. Can I waive any classes?Students will need to register for each class; however, they may take the unit exams at any point and test out of the class. We recommend that students with knowledge in the course area still review the information in order to be fully prepared for the competency exam.
10. When do classes start?After Nov. 1, new classes will begin each month. Students may take the courses in any order at this time.
For other questions about Health Information Technology: